Friday, October 8, 2010

Creative Kids


I cannot resist entering Cotton Babies's (www.cottonbabies.com) fun contests! Especially with amazing prizes...this one a set of the new designer Artist Series 4.0 Bum Genius diapers! In this contest I need to answer the following question and post it publicly so that I can give them the link to my entry.

How do you encourage a creative, artistic spirit in your baby, toddler or young child?


Every day I make sure the kids do these three things: reading, outdoors/exercise and creative play! Play dough, dancing, drawing/painting/chalk, dress-up; we have so much fun! We are not afraid to let our kids get messy! The artwork almost never stays 'on the canvas' so to speak....that's okay. Thank goodness for washable products:0)

I am working on putting together a 'gallery' wall; picture frames of all size with their art (painting drawings) and mine (photography).

Here is an older shot of Katya with finger paints!

My little artist surrounded by her work.

Reagan enjoying some chalk time (in a BG 3.0).

And my little witch playing with chalk...green face and all!

Here is Katya having an 'art show,' using the magnetic chalkboard wall that I made for her birthday.

Today we went to our library story time to find an unexpected special event. 'Play After Play;' which was two performers who told and acted out a story. Katya LOVED it! She was laughing and smiling the whole time! Then they rolled out some mats and had play time rolling around with the kids. It was very cool, I am glad we happened upon it. Exposing kids to preforming arts is so fun. I have great memories of going to plays with my grandmother. Angie and I are going to look into Disney on Ice, which is coming to Portland soon. After Katya's reation to the 'play' today, I am SUPER excited to take her!

Love to all! Brenda

1 comment:

Anna said...

I'm just poking through the cotton babies posts...I love your idea of the gallery! I just made some thank you cards for my son's 2nd birthday party on Kodak gallery by scanning one of his drawings. I love any new idea for using his precious artwork!
Good luck with the contest!